Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Obligatory Welcome Post

It's obligatory. I guess I'm supposed to explain what I'm trying to do here. Well, it goes like this:

  • My husband and I are heading down to New Zealand for 5 weeks, leaving Oct 14th.
    • My Mom is coming with us. 
    • So is a good friend I've known since I was 3, S.
    • And her Mom too, B. 
  • After New Zealand we're heading to Australia for about 6 weeks. 
    • Mom, S and B are heading home after NZ, so it will just be the two of us in Oz. 

I'm generally attached at the hip to a computer, so being semi-unplugged for 11 weeks will be interesting. Because I know I just can't let it go, I'm going to try blogging while we're en route. 

Funny thing actually, my husband (SP) is also normally attached to a computer. So it will be interesting to see how he handles this. Mind you, I think I saw him pricing out a new laptop last night, so he also might not be willing to give up programming for that long! 

What else? While we are away we are racing at the ITU World Championships in Auckland New Zealand, Oct 22nd. SP, S and I are age group athletes. Our Mom's are preparing to be the ultimate Canadian cheering squad. They also like to Golf, I hear NZ is good for that.

I hope to post a bunch of pictures from our epic adventure. I'll also be posting related to travelling light, slacker triathlon training and anything else that sparks my interest (like beaches, beaches are great). 

E. 

No comments:

Post a Comment